2:30 am
As I lay in bed thinking how early it is and how it really feels later in the morning to me, and the fact that I have the urge to pee, and are having cramps, but don’t want to get out of bed, I eventually talk myself into going to the bathroom….
2:40am
Wait a minute, that trickle feeling doesn’t feel like I’m peeing….
Oh boy, I think that’s my water…
I walk over to Matt and say, “Babe…babe…hunnie bunnie (trying to wake him lol) I think my water just broke.” Matt’s response, “What? What time is it? Are you sure?” LOL He was so out of it. I told him that I was pretty sure b/c it didn’t feel like going to the bathroom. So we start getting things together and head to the hospital. On the way, the first person I call is Rachel. “Hi la, ummm I think my water broke, tanks. We’re headed to the hospital.” She was all excited and hopefully that helped take your mind off things Ray. HAHA As we are getting out of the car, I am definitely positive I’m going into labor. My contractions are becoming stronger as we started walking up to check in.
I get situated in my room and they check me and say “Yup, your water definitely broke and you are at 3 cm and 89% effaced.” I was so excited to hear this. Then, of course, my hilarious husband goes “3 centimeters what Jeremy?…dilated?….Dilated, that’s right. Stay with me were a team here.” hahahahahha The line from the movie Knocked Up. If you haven’t seen it you should. Hilarious! I just started laughing so hard. He always knows what to say at the perfect time. He’s such a goof. I still laugh about that just thinking of it.
Talking to my mom Sportin’ the bugs like Rachel.


Having a contraction and Matt making me laugh. Just laying around waiting.


Anyway, as soon as I’m hooked up to everything I call my mom. She was bummed that she was coming early b/c she wanted to be there for the birth. I told her sorry, but Bayleigh was coming today. Matt called his mom and she got up right away and booked a ticket to get to the hospital from Lubbock so she could be there for the birth.
Around 6:30 am, I am done trying to deal with the contractions. I’m pretty stubborn and was trying to see how long I could go without the epidural, stubborn and competitive side of me, but after a couple of hours of trying to deal, I told the nurse to go ahead and pop the meds in. Unfortunately, Matt couldn’t be in there with me, but it’s ok. I’m tough.
He left for about 30 mins while the anesthesiologist gave me the medicine. Let me tell you, as soon as I was fully numb from the waist down, I was sooooo comfortable. LOL My legs were like jello. LOL It was a crazy feeling though to not be able to move the lower part of your body. I was 4 cm at this point. When my doctor came in around 9 something, she said they were going to give me a small dose of pitocin (sp?) b/c my contractions had slowed a bit. I was also given oxygen for Bayleigh’s sake b/c her heart beat kept fluctuating a little bit. Nothing to really be concerned about, but the nurse said it was just for her benefit. They were also a little concerned b/c they thought the cord may have been wrapped around her neck. So they pumped me with some fluid to see if they could float it off, so to say.
Around 11:30, they checked me again. The nurse thought I was around 6 or 7 cm, so they said they wanted me to push a couple of times just to moved Bayleigh down a little bit more. At 11:50am, my doctor came and checked me out and said, “Wow! You’re at 9 1/2 cm. We can go ahead and start pushing.” I am so excited at this point. Matt and his mom, which she got there at 1030 am, we both ready to see her as was I. As my doctor is getting ready, I am doing a couple more pushes before Bayleigh’s grand entrance. At 12:00 pm, my doc asks for me to start pushing for the real thing…..
12:06 pm, the most gorgeous God-given miracle is in this world then placed into my arms. Bayleigh Elizabeth Gully came into this world at 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 inches long. I am just in tears. I’ve never seen something so overwhelming, so beautiful in my life. Matt, I think, was just in total awe of her. He was just quiet, watching her as they took her to clean her up. His mom is snapping away with pictures, which I am so grateful that she took so many, b/c I was able to see Bayleigh’s birth. Thank you Dana! Love you!
Hello my beautiful girl.. Proud…and sleepy Daddy


After she is wrapped and bundled, she’s placed into my arms and my emotions are just running. She is just gorgeous. The nurses were commenting on how beautiful she was for just being born and that she scored a 10 on her APGAR test (?? Didn’t know what that was) but they said that is a rare score for babies and that it was the highest score they could give…so she was just as healthy and perfect as she could be.
We finally came home on Friday around lunchtime. Her first outfit was my outfit that I was brought home in from the hospital when I was born. My grandma smocked the dress herself. Kinda a tradition thing I wanted to keep. She was so precious. It was sooooo nice to be at home and to see my dogs. I was actually worried for them the night we went in b/c no one was there to let them out to potty in the morning. LOL I’m such a dork. But we got our neighbors to go over so they were ok.
I was so glad to be in my house and to relax.
In her “going home” outfit


Last day at the hospital…waiting for paperwork Bayleigh Elizabeth Gully


Today, things are going great. We are trying to get on a schedule and it’s been getting easier every day. I still tire out easily, but I love to just sit and hold her. She just smells so good and is just so tiny. Matt just adores her. We call her our Little Bayleigh Boo. She’s starting to sleep 3-4 hrs and I am able to relax now that I’ve gotten used to her being in her crib. I was so paranoid at every little sound that she made. But it’s getting better and I’m able to sleep when she sleeps at night. She is just so cute sleeping. She’s such a beautiful baby and so many people just cannot believe how cute and tiny she is. She is such a beautiful baby. She has just stolen my heart and Matt’s. Well, I’m going to go for now. I’m going to go rest and she is going to be up soon for a feeding. I will write more maybe tomorrow.

As I lay in bed thinking how early it is and how it really feels later in the morning to me, and the fact that I have the urge to pee, and are having cramps, but don’t want to get out of bed, I eventually talk myself into going to the bathroom….
2:40am
Wait a minute, that trickle feeling doesn’t feel like I’m peeing….
Oh boy, I think that’s my water…
I walk over to Matt and say, “Babe…babe…hunnie bunnie (trying to wake him lol) I think my water just broke.” Matt’s response, “What? What time is it? Are you sure?” LOL He was so out of it. I told him that I was pretty sure b/c it didn’t feel like going to the bathroom. So we start getting things together and head to the hospital. On the way, the first person I call is Rachel. “Hi la, ummm I think my water broke, tanks. We’re headed to the hospital.” She was all excited and hopefully that helped take your mind off things Ray. HAHA As we are getting out of the car, I am definitely positive I’m going into labor. My contractions are becoming stronger as we started walking up to check in.
I get situated in my room and they check me and say “Yup, your water definitely broke and you are at 3 cm and 89% effaced.” I was so excited to hear this. Then, of course, my hilarious husband goes “3 centimeters what Jeremy?…dilated?….Dilated, that’s right. Stay with me were a team here.” hahahahahha The line from the movie Knocked Up. If you haven’t seen it you should. Hilarious! I just started laughing so hard. He always knows what to say at the perfect time. He’s such a goof. I still laugh about that just thinking of it.
Talking to my mom Sportin’ the bugs like Rachel.


Having a contraction and Matt making me laugh. Just laying around waiting.


Anyway, as soon as I’m hooked up to everything I call my mom. She was bummed that she was coming early b/c she wanted to be there for the birth. I told her sorry, but Bayleigh was coming today. Matt called his mom and she got up right away and booked a ticket to get to the hospital from Lubbock so she could be there for the birth.
Around 6:30 am, I am done trying to deal with the contractions. I’m pretty stubborn and was trying to see how long I could go without the epidural, stubborn and competitive side of me, but after a couple of hours of trying to deal, I told the nurse to go ahead and pop the meds in. Unfortunately, Matt couldn’t be in there with me, but it’s ok. I’m tough.
Around 11:30, they checked me again. The nurse thought I was around 6 or 7 cm, so they said they wanted me to push a couple of times just to moved Bayleigh down a little bit more. At 11:50am, my doctor came and checked me out and said, “Wow! You’re at 9 1/2 cm. We can go ahead and start pushing.” I am so excited at this point. Matt and his mom, which she got there at 1030 am, we both ready to see her as was I. As my doctor is getting ready, I am doing a couple more pushes before Bayleigh’s grand entrance. At 12:00 pm, my doc asks for me to start pushing for the real thing…..
12:06 pm, the most gorgeous God-given miracle is in this world then placed into my arms. Bayleigh Elizabeth Gully came into this world at 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 inches long. I am just in tears. I’ve never seen something so overwhelming, so beautiful in my life. Matt, I think, was just in total awe of her. He was just quiet, watching her as they took her to clean her up. His mom is snapping away with pictures, which I am so grateful that she took so many, b/c I was able to see Bayleigh’s birth. Thank you Dana! Love you!
Hello my beautiful girl.. Proud…and sleepy Daddy


After she is wrapped and bundled, she’s placed into my arms and my emotions are just running. She is just gorgeous. The nurses were commenting on how beautiful she was for just being born and that she scored a 10 on her APGAR test (?? Didn’t know what that was) but they said that is a rare score for babies and that it was the highest score they could give…so she was just as healthy and perfect as she could be.
We finally came home on Friday around lunchtime. Her first outfit was my outfit that I was brought home in from the hospital when I was born. My grandma smocked the dress herself. Kinda a tradition thing I wanted to keep. She was so precious. It was sooooo nice to be at home and to see my dogs. I was actually worried for them the night we went in b/c no one was there to let them out to potty in the morning. LOL I’m such a dork. But we got our neighbors to go over so they were ok.
In her “going home” outfit


Last day at the hospital…waiting for paperwork Bayleigh Elizabeth Gully


Today, things are going great. We are trying to get on a schedule and it’s been getting easier every day. I still tire out easily, but I love to just sit and hold her. She just smells so good and is just so tiny. Matt just adores her. We call her our Little Bayleigh Boo. She’s starting to sleep 3-4 hrs and I am able to relax now that I’ve gotten used to her being in her crib. I was so paranoid at every little sound that she made. But it’s getting better and I’m able to sleep when she sleeps at night. She is just so cute sleeping. She’s such a beautiful baby and so many people just cannot believe how cute and tiny she is. She is such a beautiful baby. She has just stolen my heart and Matt’s. Well, I’m going to go for now. I’m going to go rest and she is going to be up soon for a feeding. I will write more maybe tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment