Wednesday, September 16, 2009

1 cm and Counting 7/30/2009

I just got back from the doctor’s…I really like my doctor by the way. She is so sweet. Anyway, we got to get an ultrasound of Bayleigh and of course, she was stubborn as ever as the tech was trying to get a good 3D picture of her. The ultrasound tech is just so nice also. I’m so glad with the staff at this place. I just can’t say enough. Anyway, we were poking and shaking and I was rolling on my sides, anything just to get Bayleigh to move. She also had her hand in front of her face…lil stinker…it’s like she KNOWS when my shirt comes up she better hide. LOL But everything is good with her; heart beat sounded great, she’s still has long arms and legs :) , and she weighs approximately 6 lbs and 1 oz. So she’s kinda small, but I kinda figured that. I’m sure she’ll grow like a weed and be tall like her daddy. :)
Speaking of daddy, poor Matt was up all night last night flying. They got a SAR case around 8 o’clock to look for two older guys that had gone down. Well they had to stop and refuel in Beaumont and get some more information about where to look and then they were off again for another 3 or so hours. He text me at 5 this morning saying he was coming home. The crew is only allowed to fly 6 hours total. That is the allotted time they are able to fly before the bring another crew in. It’s just safety b/c after that much time of flying you get mentally drained and it’s just not safe. So needless to say really, I was happy he was coming home and crawling into bed with me for a few hours before we headed to the doc’s.
After the ultrasound, I had my regular visit with my doc. She checked my cervix and said I was dilated 1 cm and that I should have my “show” in a week or so. My face just lit up when she told me that b/c here I’m thinking that I’m going to go into labor like next week. LOL However, she said that after the “show” it could take a couple of weeks for me to actually go into labor. So poo, but I’m still hoping. :)
We have our baby shower Saturday with our friends from here. I’m so excited. It’s going to be so much fun. My girls have planned for some fun/funny games for the guys. We’re expecting a good turn out…30-40 people possibly. We can’t wait for everyone to see the house and to see Bayleigh’s room. Matt and I are just so proud of her room. :)
I will keep everyone posted in the upcoming weeks. Keep your fingers crossed that she’ll be early. HaHa!

No comments: