Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Squeaky Clean

Coming home from this weekends short trip was such a blessing, not that I didn't have fun at my parents' house or in Washington, but being able to come home to a clean and organized house was so refreshing. Let's start with my flight.

So I get to the airport...SUPER late, but what else is new with me :)...luckily I make it on time and there were people more than willing to help me with B and her stroller to get through security. It's always so nice to know people are so willing to help still in this day and age. Anyway, I make it to my plane. B was good as usual, then we get to the Baltimore airport. Thinking that I had only 20 min before we started boarding, I grabbed some fries from McDonald's..I know I know, not the healthiest choice, but I needed something to hold me over. Well, once I get to my gate I find out that instead of leaving at 715 we were actually going to be delayed until 820...UGH. Let me go ahead and tell you I'm not feeling well b/c of allergies. Not sick, just the normal runny nose, cough and congestion....and just tired. However, I ate my fries and gave Bayleigh some juice. After that, I "pulled over" with the stroller to the windows and took B out and let her crawl around to burn some energy. She was so cute and practically every eye was on her watching her. She's such a little entertainer. Then this woman walks by with a pink and white polka-dot suitcase and what-do-ya know, B sees it. LOL So she starts crawling after this woman's suitcase...and I mean she's hauling..lol. So the woman stops and talks to B and B smiles her big ol' grin which in turn makes the woman sit down beside us. The lady said she just wanted to take B home with her she was so cute and so funny.

So after waiting all that time and B crawling everywhere and talking and smiling to everyone, we finally board our plane. We get on and I can't take the car seat with me b/c they said it was a full flight...yeah right. Well I get to my seat and there is only one other person in our row. So I asked the flight attendant if they could get my car seat for B and they told me it was already under the plane....geez. So, being so exhausted and sniffily, I'm thinking this is going to be a LONG flight. B starts crying before we pull away from the gate and I'm thinking to myself, "Oh great, I'm going to be that lady with the baby" LOL. Yet, once we got to taxiing and taking off, B fell right asleep. Luckily the other lady sitting on the aisle said she didn't mind if I put B in the seat between us since it was open. I laid B down and she slept the ENTIRE 3 1/2 hours of the plane ride. I was SO thankful. Unfortunately, I couldn't go to sleep. I was so afraid she would turn over and fall off. So I tried to read, drank two cups of coffee, and ponder on some thoughts. When we finally touched down, Miss B still didn't wake up despite the landing. She hardly woke up when I picked her up as well. She was so good. Everyone was so impressed that she slept the entire time. I think Benadryl had something to do with it as well. Since she's had such a runny nose, the doc said I could give her half of a fourth tsp of Benadryl. So I did before we boarded.

Once we got to Houston, our luggage was already on the luggage belt. So I was able to get that quick and within 5 min Matt was there to pick me up. Once we got home, I walked in to a CLEAN house. Everything was put up and wiped down. He vacuumed and swept. When I came to our bedroom, it was put together and vacuumed as well. I was dreading walking into the bathroom b/c my side was a disaster and I just didn't feel like dealing with it that night. However, my wonderful hubby cleaned my side and even put away all my jewelry...as best he could anyway. haha I was so thankful at what a wonderful job he did. So now my side of the bathroom, sink and all, are squeaky clean. Then I walked into the closet and everything is put away and laundry is done and this is the kicker....drum roll please.........HE EVEN ORGANIZED MY SHOES!!!!! And if you know me you know I have a TON of shoes. LOL I couldn't believe he organized my shoes!!! That's true love right there! hahahaha.

So as I close, I have to say a BIG thank you to my wonderful man. It meant so much that you cleaned up everything. I love you dearly for it. You are the best and I appreciate everything you do for me, B, and the dogs. I love you babe! ♥

No comments: