Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Giddy-up!

So I am going ridin' tonight for the first time in about 2 years! Basically I'm going to test ride Kim's horses just to get a feel for them then I can ride whenever I want. :) Then Wednesday I'm going back out to the stables to ride with Celia, another woman who has a BEAUTIFUL buckskin paint to test him as well b/c she would LOVE if I rode him for her as well. I'm so excited. I'm a little nervous since I haven't done it in a while, but here hoping I can get my seat back and then start saving for my own. It's so hard b/c I browse ALL the time the horse sale sites and I see a lot of potential horses. Yet, my hubby won't budge. :( But he said one day we'll have one. But I'm excited for today and tomorrow and the many days after to go out there and be at peace.

I guess the only thing that is a downer, somewhat, is that I can't do what I would like with the horse...barrels, cuttin', jumping..since they aren't mine. But Celia's horse, she thinks, is a potential dressage horse so that would be something new to learn. I hope I can learn a lot doing that. It's so amazing to me what the horses can do in dressage and it's so pretty to watch. But I have the need for speed and I love to let a horse loose and run. It's such a rush. But we'll see what happens. I am just grateful for this opportunity and the fact that I won't have to be paying for it. These people were kind enough to let me come out and ride and I will forever be grateful. :)

1 comment:

Wade's World said...

Have fun, I know you will. Remember when we took Kylie on the mini-horse? awww