Monday, April 26, 2010

Ride 'em Cowgirl

So I've got my horse and riding fixation covered. The woman who owns All Heart Horse Farm wrote me back about working out there and leasing horses. It's 200 bucks a month to lease a horse, however a friend of ours (another pilot that Matt works with and went to the CG Academy with also) wrote me on FB today letting me know that his parents have 2 horses that they don't ride anymore and would be more than happy if I came out to ride them. Friggin' AWESOME! So I may just do work out there at the farm then go ride the horses at Charlie's parents. I can barely contain myself here at work. I am looking at horses for sale, still, and I see so many that I would love to have. Paints especially. They're my favorite. I just think the splashing of the colors is gorgeous. I also love the buckskins, as you saw in a previous post. I can't wait. Hopefully I can do rodeos in the near future with the horses, I guess whoever I have more of a connection with. I know that probably sounds really dumb to some, but if you understand horses and the way they interact with a herd you would totally understand what I"m talking about. A relationship with a horse is such a trusting friendship. It's amazing what you can accomplish and feel with a horse that trusts you and you trust him/her. They are willing to work so hard for you and love to do the work. I can't wait!

Today, after I get off from work, Matt and B and I are going out to Charlie's parents to check out the horses and talk about what they can do. I'm trying to stay in my seat. LOL I just don't kno what I want to do yet. I love western and barrels or cutting, yet I also love the rush of jumping. English is harder than western, considering there isn't much to hold on to. Speaking of that, I'm going get such a good leg and core workout from riding. If you know me, you know I"ll be out there practically everyday. Hopefully I'll get my abs back. :)

I'll let you know how it goes later tonight when I get back. :)

No comments: