Well after riding two horses yesterday, my inner knees, thighs, and my butt are either bruised or sore. I had forgotten how badly the inside of your knees can get bruised when you haven't ridden in a while. The experience was awesome though. The first horse I rode was a mare name Ruby. She is very well trained and is very sensitive to everything. Leg pressure, neck reining, turns...WOW. She's an awesome lil horse. You can definitely tell she used to do barrels b/c every time I would try to turn her, just slightly, she would pick up her speed and try to start loping and turn as sharp as she can. She will be a horse that will teach me a lot of things and better myself at riding.
The second horse I rode was a gelding named Sampson, but we call him Sammy. He's bigger, a little over 15 hands, and boy can he move. This horse LOVES to run. That's all he wanted to do. Plus, he's got a bit of an attitude problem. He would test me to see if I was going to be scared or nervous on his back and let him have control, but I quickly let him know that I wasn't someone he could mess around with and that I was the boss. :) But he'll be a good horse to work with. Kim and Kevin are wanting me to help try and break up of just wanting to run as soon as you get on his back. He did get away from my one time and both my feet came out of the stirrups, but I held on tight with my legs (and the horn when needed, especially on turns) and just let him have his head until I got full control again and brought him to a stop. It was definitely something I needed though to get my seat back, well partially anyways. The best way to learn to ride is to have your legs out from the stirrups and practice holding on with just your legs. But what a rush. I love it. Both of these horses are going to be so much fun to work with and I know once we all get to know each other and they understand my way of asking them what I want, it will be a great partnership. :)
Tonight I'm going out again to ride another woman's horse. He's a BEAUTIFUL paint and I'm riding English style tonight. He's a better controlled horse...meaning he's been ridden a lot more than the other two, so this will help with my seat as well. I can't wait to try him out.
It felt so good to ride yesterday. Horses are so therapeutic. Yesterday was just a bad day for me. I was in a horrible and I mean horrible mood. VERY grumpy. Don't now why, but I was. As I was getting ready to leave the stable yesterday, I felt happy and good. Horseback riding makes me happy. LOL But it is a place where I can get away and it just does something for me. It's just my passion. :) Matt and Miss B are probably going to come tonight so I might have pictures to post for tomorrow.
OK I'm jibber-jabberin'. Gonna go now. Done enough posts for one day. Have a happy Hump Day! :)
♥ K
1 comment:
ummm I can't focus on the words with that annoying song playing in the background! haha Glad you are having fun, you are in too many bad moods just because lately! Your visit will get you back in a happy place! :)
Post a Comment