Monday, April 19, 2010

One Scary Weekend

This weekend was crazy! Friday, Matt didn't have to go into work b/c he had duty Sunday. Once I got home from work, got to leave 30 minutes early b/c it was SO slow, we ate dinner and hung out with Miss B then we put her to bed. After she was asleep, we had a few drinks together just to unwind and relax. Saturday morning was hard getting up, for me anyway. LOL Can't even have a few drinks without waking up with a headache and cotton mouth. Geez. I had a soccer game at 130, 9v9. It was so much fun. I didn't play to my potential...it has been a couple of years since I have actually worn my cleats and actually played in them. Not that the feeling didn't come right back, but there's a lot more ground to cover and I am so out of soccer shape. It was fun out there though. I LOVED it. Got a soccer tan going again...grrrreeat. haha. Once we got home, Matt was going to spend most of the day with B and give me a little break. We were in our room with Miss B and I was able to start my new book by Diana Palmer called Lacy. (I've finished it already and it was really good. :) ) Anyway, B is crawling around and is beside the bed while Matt is in front of the bed on the floor with the dogs. As I'm in the bed reading, B starts coughing. Not regular coughing, like choking coughing. I flew out of bed as Matt quickly comes over over. She's coughing so hard she almost knocked herself backward if I hadn't caught her. Her lips and mouth started turning a faint blue. My first instinct was to just stick my finger in her mouth and pull whatever it was out. LUCKILY the object hadn't gone down her throat. I was able to pull it out safely and easily. It was a piece of fuzz from the dog toys. We don't know where she found it, obviously on the floor, but we didn't see it anywhere when we had come into the room. It was so scary. She started crying, she was scared. I held her and rocked her. It still scares the dickens out of me just thinking about it. Matt wanted to hold her but I wouldn't let him. I didn't want to let her go. After that incident I really couldn't calm down the rest of the day. It kept rolling through my mind on what would have happened if it did get all the way down her throat. So now I am more cautious about what's on the floor and making sure things are picked. Like I said, we didn't even see it so she must have grabbed in from under the bed somehow. After a few minutes of rocking her and reassuring her, she was back to being Miss B and wanting down so she could go find something else to stick into her mouth, I'm sure. LOL So that day wasn't a good day.

Yesterday wasn't really any better. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It was just one of those days and on top of that, I had B all to myself  while Matt was on duty. So my patience wasn't on a good level yesterday. Not that I don't love being with her, there were just times that I just wanted her to sleep to have some time to myself. Anyway, Booger and Cookie are laying on the pillows in front of the fireplace and for some crazy reason, B is obsessed with the fireplace. When she crawls towards it, I get her and say No No Yucky. If she's not going for the fireplace she's going for the dogs. Well, it so happens that she was going for the dogs. I don't really know what happened but next thing you know I hear Booger growling and biting her. Now, let me go ahead and say, I don't think he was being mean or aggressive although it sounds like it. Even though I didn't see what happened, my gut tells me that she probably pushed on him or grabbed him or did something that hurt him, and being a dog he did what was natural. But boy was momma pissed. I grabbed the scruff of his neck and he whined and spanked him. Defensive instinct. Matt and I both try to follow what Ceasar says, but once your a momma and something like this happens, all that goes out the door. Miss B starts crying so I pick her up and console her. It's so funny b/c within 30 secs she's fine. But once she was happy again, I grabbed Booger and threw him into submission while Miss B was sitting with me. (Ceasar's way :)) I made sure he relaxed, as well as me. Once he relaxed on his own, I allowed him to get up and go about his business. Now Miss B has a little scratch under her eye and on the tip of her nose. It's hard to try and move past it, b/c Ceasar says that the dogs live in the now and that they don't dwell on what happened in the past. But it's hard to let it go b/c that's she's my baby and any mother would do anything to protect their baby. I mean, I really thought about getting rid of him to somebody after this incident. I'm trying to let it go and just move on b/c Booger has never made an attempt like this. He has always been the one that will let her do anything. But I really feel like she might have hurt him or maybe have been in his space too much that's why he snapped. So I'm trying to put it behind me and move on. Miss B is fine. She's not scared of him or anything like that and today he's been all over her once again. Licking and sitting next to her. Typical Booger. He's a mess. But I guess with having 5 dogs and a baby, in the end, it's got to be expected that something like this would happen eventually. Like I said though, Miss B is fine. Her happy lil self today.

She slept really well last night. She didn't get up until 715, however, I woke up at 630 am. Ugh. But I was so happy that she slept so well. Well I need to go and get ready for work. Hope everyone has a good first day of the week. ♥ K

No comments: