Well we are headed to Great Grandma G's for the weekend. Matt's cousin is getting married and we are going to the wedding. Grandma and Grandpa will be there as well. We are going to play golf I think Saturday morning. I went and hit with Matt yesterday and was actually hitting pretty decent. Now watch, come Saturday morning I'll hit like crap. LOL We brought B out there with us. The stroller and everything. It was kinda funny. LOL We'll see how I play come tomorrow. But I'd really like to get back into practicing golf.
Yesterday we went and took a look at that horse that I posted about in a previous blog....OMG he is beautiful. Perfect size. He's young, 5 years old so I would be able to train him anyway that I want. And that's something I want. I don't want an older horse to just ride. I want to work with a horse, get him used to my style of riding and how I work. The lady said the lowest she would go would be 2800, but I think that I could get her a little bit lower. It's more difficult and time consuming to work with an older horse when he's been a certain way for so long. Plus this horse has got a gorgeous sister that has won halter shows. He would be a good reining or western pleasure show horse. I really have my heart set on him, but alas, I'm afraid it won't happen and I'm really upset and bummed about this. I know I am able to ride Kim's horses, but it's not the same. I've just wanted one for so long and have been told so many "explanations" as to why I couldn't have one...I'd get bored with it, it's expensive (when it's actually cheaper than a dog, surprisingly, for the vet and the feed), I'd get tired of having to go out everyday to feed it, don't think I'd actually muck out the stalls....yadda yadda yadda. I'm just mad about the whole situation. I told Matt that I would get a second job. I'm trying to do everything I can to make him see that this can work....then I could start doing rodeos. My heart just sinks every time I think about not being able to get one. I just don't think anyone understand how HAPPY riding makes me. Like I said, I know that Kim lets me ride and wants me to work with her horses, but in the end, they AREN'T mine. That's how it was in P'cola when I was riding Candy. I worked with her so much and yet Danny, Molly's husband, decided to give her to this 15 year old girl and when she got on her (which she had NO idea how to ride) would screw up everything that I had worked with with Candy. You could just tell a difference that the horse was confused and then half the time it would be back to the basics with her. Very annoying. I really liked Candy and would have loved to have her, but like I said, for some strange reason, Danny gave her to that girl. There is so much potential for me and this buckskin horse, it's just one of those gut feelings I have. However, I think once again, my dream is put on the back burner. I'm glad that I have the two horses to ride, but they are older 13 and 14, Ruby is mostly over emphysema, but if she starts coughing, I have to stop. And Sammy, like I've said before, needs a lot of work and he's not really a safe horse to ride. He needs a lot of ground work. So.....
Well, I've got to go. B is ready for breakfast. Her allergies are acting up so I'm giving her Benadryl. Hopefully it won't make her fussy and maybe she'll sleep most of the car ride today. Have a good weekend. ♥ K
No comments:
Post a Comment