We'll have our ranch and cows and horses and all the space we want. Right now it's just a dream, but it's a dream we are striving for when we retire. There are so many things Matt and I have planned for our future and so many goals we want to accomplish. Yet, this is the one big one that we both want so badly. Hopefully I'll be able to get a horse before we have to retire and Bayleigh and our other kids can grow up in a saddle, but when they are out of the house we will get our land and house. Sometimes it's hard to stay positive on it b/c it's SO FAR down the line and I definitely want that lifestyle NOW. However, I know I have to be patient and enjoy the time with what we are doing now and the friends we have and enjoy our children while they are young and in the house.
I guess what I look forward to is when they are grown up and that big family reunion for the holidays. Matt's family is HUGE, on both his mom's and dad's side, and I just LOVE when they have their get togethers for the holidays. My grandparents and his grandparents both live out in the country, and grant it, it definitely a HUGE difference when I say country. My granparents have trees and hills around them and Matt's have nothing but FLAT farmland. However, I LOVE it when we visit them. It's the true Texas style farmland. What I have honestly always dreamed of seeing. And it's soooo peaceful b/c there are other farms around, yet they are MILES away. And you can see SOOOOOO far. It's soo neat.
The Houston Rodeo is in town starting this weekend. Some of Matt's aunts and uncles and cousins will be in town showing steers and goats and stuff. It's FUN. Matt and I love it. We go and look at all the stock and they really have so GORGEOUS cows and bulls. It's crazy how much you can win if you get top pick or whatever the terminology is. We also have Alan Jackson tickets for next week. I can't wait. It's going to rock. I LOVE Alan Jackson. He's a true country/ranch man, like George Strait. Matt said that when he was young, he can remember some of the local rodeos where he used to live and that George Strait would be there doing them as well. George is such a humble man. I think that's why he's one of Matt and mine's favorite singer. All the fame and fortune hasn't gone to that cowboy's head. He's a true cowboy, as well as Alan Jackson.
Anytime that Matt and I get the chance to wear our cowboy hats and boots, we take the opportunity. I absolutely love the western look and belts. I honestly don't know how I became such a country western person and love the open range and the smell of cattle and horses. My dad was in the Navy all my life; never lived on a ranch; never even owned a horse. Yet, that is where my heart belongs. I love getting down and dirty in the saddle and on the land. My parents think that I would hate living the ranch life and shoveling manure from stalls and such, but honestly, call me crazy, I LOVE the smell. haha Doesn't bother me one bit
As I think back, one of my true tests for Matt was to see if he would go horseback riding with me when we first met. And he definitely passed. We've talked about it and he says he wants to be better in the saddle and learn how to truly ride one day. I think I new I was in love that moment. :) And he looks soooo good in those cowboy jeans. His butt looks good. Hehe :)
I always keep talking about Montana as a place to live on a ranch. I dunno why, I think it's b/c after watching the movie The Horse Whisperer is why I fell in love with Montana. It's so gorgeous with all that land and mountain range. Plus it snows and I told Matt that I wanted a Clydesdale and a sleigh so during the Christmas holidays we can take our grand-kids on sleigh rides. Plus, Clydesdales are such gentle giants. They are so gorgeous to me. I LOVE all the Budweiser commercials with them. But in the end, who knows where we'll retire. Either in Texas or Montana or wherever we find our ranch. But I'm hoping either one. :)
Here's a bit of info on a saddle in case you're curious. :)
In the end, we want a log house. We think they are so nice and definitely country/western. We also want a HUGE stone wood burning fireplace. I just love those. And we can have it lit ever winter. OOO I can't wait. I just love the western decor as well. Horse shoes, stars, western blankets...everything! :) Here are some pictures of some decor and houses I like. :)
Love this entryway
kitchen :)
What an AWESOME fireplace..however the living are is a bit too crowded for me. I want a big open space with HUGE windows overlooking the land.
something kind of like this
I want a barn very similar to this. :)
Ok so I've done a lot of just random blogs. Felt like blogging this morning and with this one, I thought I'd give a little insight as to what I always talk about with retiring and the ranch life that we want. :) I just love my hubby and the things that we both want out of life. We are soul mates. He always makes me feel good. He always knows what to say when I'm in a bummed mood or just whenever to make me smile. Here is a piece from an email he wrote me...
"The time you have spent with B and raising
her at home is the most important job
there is and you are such a wonderful mother and so good at it.
I love you for that,
and having to put up with being
a military wife on top of that,
to me, makes you even more
special of a woman."
"I'm sitting here wishing I could be next to you,
holding you, and kissing you.
It means so much to me that you take care of our precious girl.
I get choked up
thinking about the two of you.
I just love you girls so much."
Love him! Thank you baby! You are AWESOME! Ok well B is napping so I'm going to try and clean the house some. Put on my music, either classical or country...two totally different extremes lol, but I haven't made up my mind. Hope everyone has a good Thursday! xoxo













No comments:
Post a Comment