Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Modeling Audition

Lately I have been wanting to do modeling to see if I REALLY have the nack for it. So about 2 weeks ago, I was scanning online for agencies, decent agencies, in Houston and I found one that had an online application. I filled it out which required you to submit a photo of yourself, which I chose one from my shoot with Rachel. I had completely forgotten about it. I thought that they didn't like it so I didn't look too much into it. BOY WAS I WRONG! They called me today to tell me about an audition on the 21st for modeling/acting. They also said that I will be given a script to read for a commercial as my audition.

HOLY COW!

Can I do this?!

Am I skinny enough?

Will I ACTUALLY catch their eye at the audition??

I'm Pregnant...will they find that as a negative or will they be able to, when the time comes and I'm starting to get big, find modeling gigs for pregnancy ads? And that's IF I get chosen. 

All these thoughts and more are running through my head! The modeling industry is a tough gig and the people there can break a person down to every SINGLE detail. They can make someone feel very insecure about themselves. Besides the questions I have above, I also think about the money.

How far am I willing to go with this? 

How much is too much to invest in this business before it's enough?

EW! If I do get chosen, do I really have to start eating nothing but completely HEALTHY food?! 

Haha. Ok, maybe that's looking TOO far into it. But still..it is a thought. I love my junk food at times. I am excited yet nervous. I'm trying not to get too hyped up about it b/c more than likely I probably won't get it. I don't like getting myself worked up for something like this when the odds aren't really in my favor...in a way I guess. Sorry. I'm not trying to be "Negative Nancy" but this gig IS very hard to get into, and like I said, the business is VERY picky on what they want.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my mind. Matt's excited for me, but like I said, I'm trying not to get too involved. Sometimes they just want your money, so if that's the case, then SEE YA! Well I'm off to bed. Have a good night! ♥ K

No comments: