Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just won't give it up

Bayleigh has been put to bed...already. As I stated earlier, she really didn't take a nap. Poor thing was just wandering around the house the past hour and a half. She is so afraid to miss something. Matt tried to lay with her in her room since he has done that before in the middle of the night and usually it works. NOPE. She was not about to go to sleep. About 40 min ago I gave her some Dimatapp (sp?). The child has just been fighting the inevitable all day. I gave her a bath and while she lethargically played with her bubbles, she was just out of it. Dressing her was like dressing a zombie. She was about to fall asleep as she was doing her half moan/half cry. I tried to rock her but as soon as I sat down with her she wanted down to play with her toys. Matt and I decided it was best to just put her in her crib and let her cry it out. Yeah, that lasted about 14.3 seconds until it was quiet. She is out now. Poor thing. I hope she just sleeps through the whole night b/c it will really help her body fight whatever is making her sick. Maybe this is normal with toddlers, but I have never seen one fight so much to stay awake.

I tried laying with her on the couch watching UNC play...nope

Matt tried a few times today rocking her...nope

He tried laying her on his chest...nope

I tried rocking her myself...nope

She will not give up, stubborn thing. I feel so bad for her. I will be up at 8 when the doctor's open and will be calling.

I will say that it is kind of nice to have her down really early and daylight out. Matt and I might eat outside since he was making chicken enchiladas for dinner while I took care of B. He's pretty awesome. :) Have a little more me and him time tonight. Off to eat our dinner and watch the basketball game. GO UNC TARHEELS!!! :)

♥ K

No comments: