Friday, October 15, 2010

Camping Adventure

I KNOOOWW I said I would post pictures the other night, but I always get distracted. Sorry! So here they are. We had a great time. B LOOOOVED being outside. It was so good for her. However, I wonder if she might have a little bit of allergies or if it was just all the traveling and moving to new places. She slept pretty good too so we were thankful for that.

Saturday we stopped at G. Grandma's for lunch and spent a lil time there. Then we were off to the campsite. Once there, we unloaded and got settled. Matt and I instantly got on the four wheeler and took off. We love being out in the country. Miss B set out exploring around the trailer and all the new plants. The dogs went crazy and running all over the place. Booger LOVED having so much room to run. Gizmo's nose went crazy with all the smells. LOL Cookie thought it was too cold in the mornings and evenings so we had to hold him in our lap by the fire or put him inside b/c he would jump straight into his cage. And Twinkie, Twinkie liked peeing on everything to mark HER territory. LOL We also listened to the disappointing A&M game. :( We roasted s'mores that night as well. Yumm. Then off to bed we went.



Grandpa and B having their evening chat :)

Just like Grandma

 Rick and Dana off on a four wheeler ride

 Family cookout 


 Daddy's lil country girl

Later that afternoon, Matt and I went and shot his pistol that he has; making sure that is was still in good working condition. Since Matt is on duty once or twice a week, I like to know that there is some protection in the house if I need it. I am a pretty good shot, so if someone comes in, LOOKOUT! You don't want to mess with this momma and her pistol. 


 Bang Bang! 

Sunday morning we got up and went and shot the rest of the guns. We got Matt's rifle sighted for this hunting season, which is only a few more weeks away. :) We also got to shoot some other guns that were pretty bad ass. Can't really go and tell you what kind for certain job reason but it was AWESOME!!!


 One of my favorites of them

 At Dairy Queen for lunch on Sunday. Having ice cream is sooo good., especially Grandpa's. 

 Precious Moment. Notice Miss B's boots? I just couldn't pass them up at Wally World. They fit her so good and were just so adorable.

That evening we went skeet shooting for a little bit. Matt and I had competitions. I won...I think. LOL Who knows. But it was fun. We just laugh at each other and poke fun when one of us would miss. We tried to find some doves to shoot also, they're really good to eat, but I think they knew we were coming. haha We did find one in a tree and it was like he was looking at us laughing b/c we weren't going to shoot him in the tree (not sportsman-like), so we were trying to throw things up in the tree to get him to fly off. Yeah, didn't really happen, and when he did, I couldn't get the shot off fast enough and Matt had thrown the rock to make him move then wasn't ready to shoot. LOL But it was funny. Afterward, we gave up and decided to head in for dinner.

 Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde 

 While waiting for dinner we took Miss B on her first four wheeler ride. She was a little unsure of it...I think b/c it was kind of loud and she wasn't used to it. But after all 3 of us were on and we took off, slowly mind you, I think she started to like it.

 Can we go again??? (I think this is a pretty cool picture)

While packing up Monday morning, the cows decided to come and pay us a visit. The dogs were going crazy at them and at the bull that was near by. The bull was HUGE. This little curious cow came close enough to really get Miss B's attention. Here I am telling her the cow says "Moooooooo." (Another nifty picture that I like.)

When it was time to go, we got everything packed and set out on our journey back to the real world. Ugh. Since it's like 5 miles of dirt road before you get to the main highway, we had another "wonderful" excursion along the way. We hit something, Rick this something that was metal, that gave us a flat tire. Luckily Rick and Dana weren't too far behind us when this happened. So we had Grandpa and Daddy changing the tire. Once fixed, we were on our way. B was so good driving during the day. We were so proud of her. It was nice to be back home, just sucks b/c now it's back to reality for a few weeks before we are off on another adventure. :)

♥ K

No comments: