Saturday, October 23, 2010

Barn Day

Today I spent all day at the barn. It was awesome! Einat came out and gave training lessons to Sylia, Denine, and I. It was so much information, but it was really good to work Koda for about 4 hrs. She needs that. Einat said that Koda is an overachiever. Example: When I ask her to just take one step, she wants to take like 3 or 4. She tries really hard to please, but she just doesn't realize that she needs to REALLY learn the maneuver that I'm teaching her before she goes to 3 or 4 steps. Kind of sounds like me. I want to learn it fast, not take it slow and get it perfect, then get faster with it. Like rider like horse, huh? Overall though, it was a good day. I'm finding out more and more that Koda and I are a lot alike. So I've got to take how I react and learn from things and start thinking that's how Koda's going to learn best. Einat also said that she's very, very smart. She learns fast. She wants to please. Sometimes it's hard for me to see that b/c this is my first time doing this stuff and I don't know what I'm looking or feeling for or what the right thing is. But I'm learning just like Koda.

After Matt got done working the airshow this morning, he and B came out in afternoon along with one of the other pilots and his wife and 2 girls. The girls wanted to ride. They LOVED it. Even Miss B took a ride around the arena with momma. :) Afterward, the girls helped me wash Koda off, feed her then turn her out with Joey. They, Joey and Koda, were both so glad to be unsaddled and done. LOL It's funny, those two.

Now, Matt, B and I just got done with dinner and are heading out for a little bit with Sylia and her husband Toby and Sylia's mom and step-dad. It's Sylia's parents anniversary tonight and they want to go to The Hop. It's a bar/dance place for older people who still like to go out and party a lil bit. Matt and I have been there a couple of times back when we used to go out on the weekends. It's cute seeing all the older folks get down. So that will be fun and it will be so nice to be with Matt and friends and actually do something. So on that note, I better get off this thing and get ready, cuz it will take me 20 min to figure out my oufit...OK probably not that long, but I want to look cute, then I gotta SHM. (Shower, Hair, and Make-up) So hope ya'll have a good night.
♥ K

No comments: