Thursday, October 13, 2011

Our Dream to Reality

Rick you are going to love this. :)




 That's right. To graduate from A&M. Matt and I have been talking a lot about his career path and where it's going to take him. More than likely we will be moving to Jacksonville, FL next summer for his next duty station. (We are still waiting on the final word) As I have mentioned in previous blogs, he has been picked up for the engineering program of the Coast Guard. He will be doing a lot of training and some short deployments out to sea while in Jacksonville. Once he completes this station, I believe how it works, is that he will have to opportunity to go to grad school to get an actual engineering degree paid for by the Coast Guard, which this is what he is planning on doing. Since he wants to go to A&M I have been looking into their Animal Science program to get a Bachelor's degree in. Basically, they are #1 in the equine study field and they have an equine science degree. Our goal is to attend A&M and both get degrees. I am so excited, granted I'm trying not to get too excited b/c we still don't know for sure if it will be possible to attend this prestigious school, but I have been really looking into it. My plan for myself is to get a bachelor's in Equine Science with a minor in Agricultural Economics. We plan on having a ranch one day, nothing too big, but a nice sized ranch and someone has got to know the "in and outs" of the ranching business. We were both saying we don't want to go into that blind. I'm so excited b/c Matt is so supportive about it and excited for me. It has been a dream of mine for the longest time. I can remember when I was little and wanting to be a vet, then wanting to do something with horses since they have been my life long passion. I have always put this on the back burner b/c my parents have always said that it isn't really a good career path b/c it is limited to the area you live. Well, Matt and I both want to retire in Texas, or someone near Texas. I've always wanted to live in Texas b/c I have always thought "Texas is where the cowboys and horses are and the real rodeos along with cattle drives." I think deep down it's where my heart truly is. Granted, I haven't liked living here in crowded Houston, but when we go west to his grandparents, I can't tell you how excited and blissfully happy I get. All I can think about when we drive through the open land is how I can ride my horse alongside my husband on his horse. Or with my kids or even my grandkids when that day comes. :) Plus it will learn so much and know horses so well after finishing the equine science degree since it is the #1 school for horses. :)

So yes, this is the dream. Hopefully it will become reality in the next few years. Well Miss B just got up so I need to cut this short. But you get the jist. 

♥ K