Thursday, October 20, 2011

Double Dose

BOTH of my kids have bronchiolitis. Basically bronchitis, but that's the term they use for kids. OIY! It's going to be a rough few days ahead of us. They are both on an inhaler, which is attached to this face mask tube thing,  which it's not too bad for Blake, he's pretty easy to get two puffs breathed in. However, Bayleigh screams bloody murder. We have tried showing her that mommy and daddy do it, and Booger, Cookie, and Twinkie do it. LOL We even showed her that her babydolls will do it. But no. She's terrified of the thing. I feel so bad for her since she's so terrified. It's funny when we ask her to do it but it's not. It really makes me want to cry; I have to keep myself from crying b/c Matt and I have to literally hold her down and restrain her to get her to take it. IT SUCKS! I know it's for the better for her and will help her since they both have been coughing SO bad and wheezing, but it's so hard when you have to restrain your child b/c they fear something. We have tried to show her what it does and talk with her, but she won't budge. Hopefully this virus will clear up REAL soon. I called my doc and found out I am able to give both of them nighttime Dimatap. I'm praying they will start to feel better in the next couple of days.

On top of this, Blake has a severe diaper rash. Our doc said it looked yeasty so she gave us some cream to put on, but I swear it looks worse than it did yesterday. I have been letting him air out when we change him for around 15 min and been soaking him in warm baths. It's been tough b/c he seriously has a poopy diaper every diaper we have changed, so that's not helping. The nurse said to clean him with just a warm cloth from now on until that clears b/c the wipes may be irritating his little bottom. She said that even the sensitive wipes would still burn. Hopefully this will clear up soon as well.

On a better note, Jodie, my biological mother, sent some stuff for the kiddos. She sent this hat and a bib for Blake's first Thanksgiving. I thought it was hilarious so I took some pictures. :) Hope you have a good laugh at Mr. Blake.  He'll probably kill me one day when he sees that I actually posted these pictures on the internet. LOL

 Hahaha

 Playing with his new Mater truck. It talks and moves it's mouth. It's too funny. (Also sent by MomMom aka Jodie) :)

 Look at my handsome man. :) He looks rough but he's still smiling. 

My lil mini me ♥

And in case you are wondering what my Jodie looks like, here's a pic of she and I.

The date is correct on the picture and this is from the first time I met her while staying with her in Jersey. Yup, I'm originally born and bred in Jersey. Haha


Anyway, that's all the news for now. I'm headed to go watch my Vampire Diaries. I'm a nerd, I know. :) Then it's trashy Jersey Shore. LOL Have a good night. 

♥ K

No comments: