Then, while we were outside cleaning up the garage I had a quick meltdown. I started crying when I was putting her shoes on b/c I was thinking about how big she is getting and how smart she is and that she is just growing up too fast on me. The same with Blake. He is all smiles now-a-days, mostly, and he is already rolling over and lifting himself up. The boy can put his ENTIRE weight on his legs and stand there by himself for a good 20 seconds. (No balance, but the fact that he can do that is just amazing to me at his age) He's not even four months old...well he will be on Thursday, but still! Time is just flying by. :(
We had a good weekend. Thursday we had Coast Guard day up at the base and Bayleigh went up there early with daddy and swam and had a great time. I went up there at lunch with Mr. Blake. Everyone adored both of them and were amazed at how well Bayleigh behaved and how big Blake was for his age. We came home around 2 and both kids passed out so did mommy and daddy. Friday Matt had duty...blah. Saturday we hung around the house and got a new alarm system. Weren't planning on it but someone had come by the house asking if we wanted it. So we decided to...plus there have been a lot of break-ins around our area so this will be nice to have. We got a touch pad in our room too which is nice. The alarm is really nice...1300 dollar alarm for free if we signed up with them that day, so we did. I will have more peace of mind when Matt is on duty now. Plus it will tell you when a door or window opens and it will tell you which door or window. Plus I'll know where to go with my shotgun if someone were to break in, although I would hope they would be smart enough to leave when they hear me cock it. Haha Anyway, Saturday evening I went riding with Sylia at her daughter's school which is right across the street from Sylia's house. There was this dirt track there that was perfect to ride. Let me tell you, Leo did AWESOME! I am just so happy with my boy. He is so level headed. He was curious and a little unsure about things, but he never acted like he wanted to spook or act scared. After he gets a good look at something he's like "Ok, I'm good. Lets move on." After riding around for a little bit I turned him loose while under saddle and let him stretch his legs. What an awesome rush it is to just let your horse really run and the wind flying through your hair. Corny sounding I know, but I love it. OOOoo Leo is just so good. I told Sylia I could kiss her for finding and showing him to me. She laughed and said she'll let Matt take the kiss for her. Haha. Leo is such a sweetheart. He always meets me at the gate when I come and will just put his head right up on my chest and just rest it there while I pet him. When I was out there tonight feeding, I had brought Bayleigh with me...she went out there in just her diaper, LOL, call me redneck but it was a nice evening so I was thinking she didn't need clothes since I was just going to feed him. Haha But after I haltered him to bring him to his stall, he bent his head down and started sniffing Bayleigh. She started laughing and he just kept his head low and soft. He was so curious about her. Bayleigh said "illy Leo." (Silly leo) Anyway, after Sylia and I got done riding Saturday evening I came home and then headed into downtown to go out with Eric, Shaun and Nicole. We had fun and it has been a while since I've seen them. We danced the night away. Geez, my legs were sore today. Guys have it so easy. They get to wear flats and dance. Dancing in high heels does a number on girls' legs when they've been dance 3 hours straight practically.
Me, Katie, and Nicole
Good Friends = Good Times
Super Excited to see Eric
Nicole and I at Wonder Bar
Today we didn't really do much. Went to the barn this morning to feed since it is my Sunday I have to feed. Sylia and I alternate Sundays since that's the only day we have to feed morning and night. Matt and I hung around and played with the kids. He let me take a nap since I was tired from the night before. Then this evening, b/c both kiddos took a nap, we cleaned and organized our garage. YAY! Still have to organize his tool shelf, but now I can fit my car in there...well I think it fits. We'll see Tuesday after trash come b/c we've got some boxes we need to get rid of.
Ok well I'm off to bed. Matt just set our new alarm. I am going to get up early and run. I've gotta start up again. I am WAY off schedule. But I need to do it in the morning since I go to the barn in the evenings. Plus gotta start getting my tummy tight again, so that means more ab workouts. Love them though. :) Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
♥ K
No comments:
Post a Comment