Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Double T

Stands for T-errific T-eusday!

Haha Cheesy I know, but it has been a good day. We started off the day by getting up BEFORE the kids woke up. I made coffee and we spent a little bit of time together watching the Today show. Yesterday, I bought this energy stuff that you take 30 min before you work out (because I've been needing a pick-me-up to get going), so we drank that then heard the kids. We got both of them and played for a little bit then Daddy went running while Mommy made breakfast. I have started to feed Blake with a spoon with rice cereal. It's been doing OK with it, but today I added some applesauce and he REALLY seemed to enjoy it. So looks like now we are going to have to start buying actual baby food for him.

After Daddy got back it was Mommy's turn to go running. I took Miss B with me. I probably went about a mile and a half. The energy stuff really helped me get in the zone, but I went around 915 and it was already 90 something degrees out. SMOKIN'! Once she and I got back to the house, we got them ready for daycare so Matt and I could go out to the barn to work Leo. It was nice having Matt there and it just be the two of us. :)  He took some pictures of me teaching Leo how to walk beside me. It's the safest place for a horse to walk with you and it also teaches to stay next to you no matter what speed you are traveling...ie walking really slow, running, reg walk..he should stay with you at every speed. He did so good. :)


 Asking him to come forward by coming off of the pressure from the halter

Now he's getting it. :) 

What you teach on one side you must teach on the other side. It took him a little longer on the right side since most horses are usually left brained than right brained. Plus we do everything from the left side anyway, so that is what they are used too. 

And that is my horse lesson for the day. Haha

♥ K