Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Going To Bed Dirty

Yup, that's right. I was planning on taking a shower, but that won't happen because I ran our hot water down putzing around on FB. Haha. Let me explain...

I finally went running tonight. Matt and I are trying to get ready for a half marathon in November. So I got in contact with my uncle for him to put together a training plan to get prepared for it. He does triathlons and ultra marathons and he is the best person to consult for this kind of training. To get back to the point of my title, I went running tonight....3.5 miles in 38 min. I was proud considering I haven't ran in about a month. Now it was kind of difficult for me to just run this at a leisurely pace but I did it! I was sweaty but by breathing never got labored to where I couldn't catch my breath. Now tomorrow might be a different story since I have to run two miles as fast as I can. Eventually I want to get two miles in under 14 min. That was college training time for soccer. I don't think it will be hard. I will just have to make sure I do it late at night or early in the morning, which tomorrow I will have to do it early in the morning b/c Matt has a night flight tomorrow night.

Anyway, I feel really good and now that I have a plan on what days to run I will be able to follow it and be ready for the half by Nov. :) So yup, that's why I'm going to bed dirty...not real happy about it considering I was out at the barn tonight as well working Leo then came home and ran. But I just won't take a cold shower. LOL I did get in Miss B's pool to cool off after I ran, so I may be somewhat clean since there was rain water in it, it was nice and cool. Haha

Well I am off to bed. I will post pictures in the morning. I have some good ones of Blakey BooBoo. :) He just talks and talks and talks. Love my little man.

♥ K

No comments: