Yup, I turned 26 yesterday. I can't believe I am over twenty-five now and am closer to 30. WHOA! Haha. I didn't do much though. Matt bought me a cheesecake and got me a card and some Reese's b/c those are my favorite. :) We are celebrating this weekend with a fancy dinner at Perry Steakhouse. It's an expensive restaurant that's real formal dining and has the course meals. It's actually birthday/Valentine's celebration, but it will be nice. I just don't really have any fancy preggo clothing to wear. Maybe I'll find something tomorrow.
Speaking of being 26, I can remember being in high school and college thinking:
"Hmmm where will I be when I'm 26?"
"How will I look?"
"What will I be doing?"
"What will I have been through?"
To answer those in one sentence, I came out on top by 26. I got to go to college, play soccer while there, got into some relationships that weren't so healthy or good, made some awesome friends along the way, and in the end, God came in and handed me the best man in the world at the perfect timing. Along with this man came a wonderful mother and father-in-law and two awesome sister-in-laws; along with 2 HUGE families on both sides that I just adore and think are the greatest. Of course Matt and I have our ups and downs, but what family doesn't. We don't really fight with one another, but like Andrea said in her bio on her blog, it's usually over some "spilled milk" or in our case, who cleaned the dishes last. HaHa We have such a happy, healthy, and loving marriage. We are still trying to figure out our lives as parents and you know what, that's the greatest and most fun of all. I just can't believe that by 26 I am a mother of two...almost...and that we are done having kids. We are happy with our family the way it is.
I have so much that I want to accomplish throughout my life, yet my life is still just beginning. Twenty-six isn't so bad. I mean, isn't 30 the new 20 now-a-days?? LOL. I want to say a quick thanks to everyone who wished me a "Happy Birthday" whether through texts, calls, emails, or good ol' Facebook. Each and every one of them meant so much and made my day yesterday. Thank you!
I leave you with I think my favorite quote of all time. I love to re-read this quote every time I hear someone talk about getting old or even if Rosie and I talk about getting older together. This saying couldn't be more precise about getting old..and of course, it's from one of the best movies ever.....The Guardian. :)
If my muscles hurt, it just means I've used them. If it hurts to walk up the stairs, it's just cause I've done it a hundred times to lay down next to a man who loved me. My face may have wrinkles, but I have laid under hundreds of skies on sunny days. I look like this, well, because I drank and I smoked and I lived and I loved and I screwed my way through a pretty damn good life. Getting old isn't bad. It's earned.
No comments:
Post a Comment