Tuesday, September 14, 2010

All Alone

That's what I am...well besides Miss B. Matt has been gone since Sunday to Mobile for his annual flight training. It sucks. I miss him so much. I was planning on going to Pensacola tomorrow or Thursday b/c I thought Matt had to stay there until Sunday when in fact he gets through Friday morning. I'm glad yet bummed b/c I was really looking forward to getting away for a couple of days and going to my home town and to see Rachel and Drake again. But oh well...Our traveling time will be here before you know it. We are going to Lubbock in October so that will be a nice break. Matt says he misses us a bunch. I know he misses me, but you can tell he misses his lil buddy more. They are so cute together.

Miss B and I haven't done too much. Just played around the house and ran some errands today. I dropped her off at daycare to work Koda some this morning. Frustrating, to say the least. But Sylia assured me that the first day back is always the roughest. She did inform me that she talked to Einat and that Einat said a horse that is related to my mare in some way (still have to call Einat to get full details) won a big time reining event in Tulsa. Einat said "Kat really doesn't know how good of a horse she has." Which is VERY reassuring since things have been kind of gloomy ever since I bought her. I really feel deep down in my gut she's going to be an outstanding horse, yet I just haven't felt like I've gotten much time with her lately. I'm hoping that when Matt gets back that I can start going out there and really working her again. She's gotten her attitude even more lately and Momma just isn't having that dis-respectfulness. One of the hardest challenges, for me, is that it's ALL psychological with a horse. You basically have to out-think it and gain it's trust and respect. (And this takes time and I'm not a patient person most of the time :)) You will NEVER be able to overpower the animal to get control of it. But I feel that both of us, Koda and I, will have a this bond in the end that will be AWESOME! So I just have to keep thinking of the future.

Miss B and I had fun last night. I got her "nekkid" for her bath and she was just squealing and trying to run. She would run into her bedroom and fall down, then I would hide right outside her bedroom door and she would come running out. I would jump out and yell "HEY!" She just laughed and screamed and ran back into her room. We played for so long I forgot about the water running and had to drain some of it. It was the cutest and funniest thing. She is walking so good now. She still loses her balance, but she pretty much prefers walking. She is trying her lil footsies at running and it's the funniest thing. She looks like a drunk person trying to run. LOL Probably a bad comparison, but it's the truth. It's so funny. We are always cracking up with her. She has figured out "Hi" and she'll say it and throw her had up in the air. She's pretty much at the point where she'll do it how Racy and I do it. When I went to Wal-Mart tonight every person she saw she would throw her hand up at them. It was so funny. (Definitely don't have a shy baby..she doesn't know a stranger!) People would just smile and wave back and tell her how beautiful she is.

Well, I am off. I haven't taken any pictures lately, but I will try and do better. I usually just post most of them to Facebook now. Have a good night! ♥ K

1 comment:

Wade's World said...

I know you hope that you and Koda will one day have the bond that her and I already have :) haha aww b waving like mom and aunt racey :)