I am ready for this weekend. Actually, it will be a four day weekend for me since I have Tuesdays off. Rachel and Drake are coming for the weekend. I feel like it has been forever since we've seen them. So Matt and I are excited. Some of our plans include:
-playing golf,
-eating crab legs (which will take about 4 hours b/c Rachel is a novice at getting crab legs open lol),
-playing with Miss B
-horseback riding
Yay! We plan on buying a prime rib for the rotisserie to cook out one night, which will probably be tomorrow night since they will be getting in late tonight. They are driving and will be leaving after they get off work. Drake called me last night to remind me to DVR the Jersey Shore encore since we watch that show religiously now. LOL So I've got it saved and we'll probably watch it Saturday night. Can't wait for them to get here.
Other than that, things are still the same. Koda has an appointment on Tuesday.Plan on trying to work her some this weekend even with company b/c the weather is supposed to be a lot nicer than it has been. We've had rain a couple of days which has cooled things off some. Sunday morning we have a forecast of 68 degrees!!! Definitely will have to take a walk that morning.
I am so proud of my hubby. Yesterday an oil rig exploded out in the Gulf in the morning. Well, Matt went on a regular training flight and got diverted out to go rescue the 13 survivors that were lucky enough to jump off into the water with their life vests. He flew all day and hoisted and rescued 3 people. Other boats and 2 other helos made it out there to pic up other crew members, but he was among those heroes. :) I was worried b/c I hadn't heard from him ALL day and usually he will call me if they have to refuel somewhere. Around 515 I decided to turn the news on and the next topic that came up was about the explosion and they started going into detail and I was like...OMG b/c they hadn't said if there were survivors yet and nothing about the Coast Guard. Then they told me that everyone survived and the CG came and picked them up so I figured that was what he was doing. But it's still scary to thing about what might have been. But I am proud of him and I know he was excited to actually be in the right seat and have been on this mission. So Gooooo Matt! I love you babe!
I am starving so I'm going to go eat me some Trix! LOL Hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll post pictures along the way. ♥ K
No comments:
Post a Comment