Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving recap

Ok, since I haven't even given you guys an update on our trip...let me go ahead and start by saying it went well. However, it felt like "go go go" all the time. It went by so fast. We got there Friday at noon. It was great seeing my mom. We tried to take a nap, well I tried, and that didn't happen. Once Matt's head hit the pillow he was out. Let me back up a bit. While traveling, I was sick as can be. I'm talking my nose was seriously a faucet. It would not stop dripping. I had gone to the doctor Thursday morning b/c I started feeling sick the night before. I didn't get any sleep that night, plus I was running around all Thursday doing last minute things and getting B and myself and the dogs stuff together...plus taking care of other errands. Luckily I got some antibiotics from the doc, however, my body was drained. So as I was saying, my nose was a faucet and I literally had to of sneezed a hundred times the entire trip. I went through so many tissues b/c my nose was a constant drip. Needless to say, I didn't sleep AT ALL the entire drive.
Ok, so back to getting to my parents. B was just as tired, even though she slept. She did really well on the drive, but she took a really good nap later that afternoon. In the evening Matt and I went to Grandma's for some food. I was sooooo PISSED b/c I couldn't breathe through my nose so I wasn't able to taste any of the food until about Tuesday or Wednesday. I would have been livid if the whole trip I couldn't have tasted any of Grandma's cooking. Grandma makes the best. While there I wrote down her chocolate pie, Brunswick stew and mac-n-cheese recipe. I can't wait to make them sometime this week/weekend.

While there we spent some time with Nurya and Brett. It was so great to catch up with Nurya. I miss her tons. We went for sushi one night and played Taboo after that. It was so much fun and we laughed so hard at ourselves throughout the game...well actually Nurya and I laughed at ourselves while Brett and Matt laughed at us. :) Then another day the guys went and played golf while Nurya and I and our girls went to lunch, then the park, then back to their apartment to talk about kids, life, and other general stuff. B had a great time with the two girls...yet when I tried to take a pictures with just Steyla and Emma, she got SO jealous. It was so cute and funny, yet it's definitely something we will have to fix. But it was really good to see all of them.

We also had dinner one night with my cousin Meredith and her hubby Greg. I miss my cousin so much. She is so patient and gives such good advice. I can tell her anything and never feel judged. She is such a down to earth person. Love you cuz!

Time spent at the house was ok. My mom had to drive my brother's girls to Atlanta on Tuesday b/c they spent the holiday with their mom. So it was nice that my mom got to spend some time with B. But being at home just didn't feel like being home really. There are just a lot of issues that have pissed me off and I'm resentful of the whole thing. It just really upsets me and no one understands. And there is nothing I can say to my brother b/c it just goes in one ear and out the other....GRRRR it gets me irritated just thinking about it.....so let's move on.

We got home, obviously, safe and sound obviously, as I said in my last blog. Now we are getting everything decorated for Santa Clause. But that is for another post :) Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. ♥ K

No comments: