Lately it has been hard as I have been really missing my old friends and now with being a mother and almost a mother of 2, friendships can be hard to make and keep when living the military life.
So this is a letter my friend, Kelly, sent me today and it really lifted me up and made me feel really appreciated and missed. I miss her a bunch and just wanted to share with you guys a little about our friendship. She and I have been through thick and thin together. She was there for me through my WORST times and through some of my best times. We don't stay in touch, well on the phone that is, but we are constantly checking on each other through Facebook. I miss her a bunch. :(
I searched for the perfect quote for us, but nothing said everything I wanted it to because let's face it neither one of us are 'normal' and therefore there's no way our friendship would be either. haha
I just basically want to say our lives are completely different, but our hearts are in the right places. We both love unconditionally and would give anything for our loved ones. You will always be my best friend even though we may not act the same way. I may never grow up, but maybe that's just who I am.. maybe this is me grown up. What I want differs from day to day and that may always be the case. So, where ever my journey takes me; know that you're always in my heart.. a li'l piece of you and the mark you've made in my heart is racking up frequent flyer miles right there with me. If you ever need anything I am always a phone call away and could probably beat anyone there (I mean except for the next door neighbor, c'mon). I think we all have to go our separate ways to find ourselves and to become the people we end up as.. let's just say my way is a bit farther than most. I love your life and I love that you're happy.. I know sometimes you get stressed and overwhelmed and want to run and scream, but just know that I think you are way more bad ass now than you ever were. You have so much on your plate, and I want you to know I'm so proud of how far you've come and I have nothing but love and admiration for you. I know sometimes people think I'm so lost and running wild, but I'm afraid if I stop I'll begin to wilt ... I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I just hope, and I'm sure that you of all people know, that I have what makes me a great friend.. I will always be there and always hold your hand.. and it's always nice to have someone in your corner that has enough frequent flyer miles to fly any where to kick the butt of who has pissed you off! =) haha Kat, you mean the world to me.. I hope that we remain friends forever. I appreciate every fight we've ever had because it showed we cared enough to get over it and still love each other the same if not more. I love that we can go forever and not talk and then pick up right where we left off. There's no awkward bs.. and NEVER SILENCE between us, never forced heart felt laughter. I love you and your family more than you can imagine regardless of the distance (in miles and emotions). We both get wrapped up in our own lives but I thought it'd be good for you to know that regardless -- you're in my thoughts almost everyday ..and no, not just because of facebook!! I love you girl!! Happy Holidays!! Let's make an effort to see each other soon -- yes, preggo, I will even come to you haha!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE
the original ksquared!! **
Love my girl!
♥ K
No comments:
Post a Comment