Sunday, July 25, 2010

Annnnd we're back

We've made it home safely! We had a fun, yet busy week down in Port Isabel. We fished....A TON! And caught a TON as well. Didn't get to keep any Red Fish b/c they were all like an inch or two short of the legal size to keep. But we caught a ton of trout and ate what we caught. We had a lot left over too so we were able to bring some home as well. Nothing like fresh Trout for supper. :)
We arrived on Sunday and got settled in. Cole was so taken with Bayleigh. He's so funny. It was always, "baby...baby...baby" and "boat....boat....boat." He was constantly giving "sugars" to Miss B. It was cute.We spent a lot of our time fishing, usually in the morning to about noon, then in the evenings until about 8 or so. One day we played golf on a par 3 course. It was a lot of fun. If it had been a regular sized golf course with par 4s and par 5s, Matt and I would have scored our best yet! HAHA...needless to say, we didn't do so good. LOL But it was fun to practice and I think that's the best way to get a good practice in, with short pars like that.
We went to the pool a couple of times and Miss B was a little reserved about it. I think with a bunch of people there she was real curious at what was going on, but after a couple of trips there she had fun. We went to the beach one day too and she just walked up and down the beach with her lion toy she has. I couldn't believe how long she walked. People were just stopping by and gawking at her, saying how cute she was and how precious. I can't tell you how many people I've had say she looks like a Gerber baby. I am seriously considering getting her into some type of baby modeling. I felt so bad for her while playing in the water. We were pretty far away from the waves and letting her sit in the sand to play and this wave that we were expecting came in (nothing big) and had just enough energy to knock her over and then the water rushed over her faced. Scared the dickens out of me, but at the same time it was funny. I pulled her up quickly, of course, and she just had the shocked expression on her face. She gave a little cry, but after I reassured her everything was ok, she was wanting down again to play. She's a tough little baby. :)
Matt and I went out Saturday night to spend some time together. We went to a couple of bars on the island and had a fun time. We didn't expect to drink that much, yet that's what we always say. LOL We met some pretty cool girls that live in Austin so maybe we'll see them again some day.
We spent our last day hanging out and of course...fishing. I think I've gotten enough sun to last me until next summer. My hair has bleached out to being blonde. Overall, we had a great time. We were constantly doing something. I will post pictures later this evening. We have a BUNCH!!! :) ♥ K

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Glad we got to spend time with yall. We had a good time.