Tuesday, November 17, 2009

She gave me LIFE


My biological mother came to visit me at the beginning of November...Geez..I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving. Anyways, she and my brother and sister were able to visit, and Jodie was able to see her granddaughter. It is such an emotional experience. I made the call to Jodie back in 2005 b/c I wanted to know who she was. It was such a crazy experience. I remember my first hought was "Dang, she has such an northern accent." LOL They are from New Jersey. Although I'm sure she thought the same thing about me..I have such a southern accent. HaHa. I finally got to meet her the summer of 2007. Very emotional. To know that this person gave me up to someone who wasn't able to have children and fufill their lives with a little girl. She said that was the hardest day in her life, to hand me to my mother. But she knew I would have a better life than she could have provided me at the time. I am so grateful to her. I love her dearly, but my mom is the most special to me. And I'm glad that Jodie and I both know this. She gave me life, but my mom is the one who raised me. I know my mother is forever grateful to Jodie. It's so cool to know her.

She was so excited to see Bayleigh. She said that she looks just like me when I was born. Although Matt and I are still back and forth on who she looks like. haha We had a great time. Went down and showed them the Kemah Boardwalk and saw all the catfish.

We ate dinner at Joe's Crab Shack...SO GOOD. We mostly just spent time around the house and played with Bayleigh. 
my seeester Ashley..

My brother Bobby..we look a lot alike :)


And their niece..Miss Bayleigh Boo

There aren't any words to describe how BEAUTIFUL this picture is. She is the most precious thing on this Earth. I love her soooo much. It's so much fun to dress her up in frilly and cutesy things. She is just BEAUTIMOUS! Jodie and them had such a great time with her...and us. LoL..Everyone forgets about Matt and I now that Bayleigh is here. LOL We've been pushed aside. haha!

1 comment:

Wade's World said...

Dang it something is wrong with my blogspot and it never tells me when you have updated your blog?! You are on my list and it shows me following you but doesn't tell me :( So I just got on and saw a bunch of new things. Anyways...glad you guys had a good time! I can't believe you are coming in January! Yay :) Can't wait. Hope you are having a good week! E-mail me later :)