Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Good Weekend

Let's start with Friday.

I got home from work and hung out with Miss B which is pretty awesome. Matt had duty until 8 in the morning on Saturday, which those duty days aren't bad. I like Friday duty days. :)

Saturday morning Miss B and I got up and ate our breakfast and waited for Daddy to get home. Once he got home we got ready to attend the memorial service for our friend's 3 month old baby, MacKenzie. We dropped B off at daycare and headed over to the church. It was a beautiful service and SO SAD. The preacher nailed everything that needed to be addressed on the head. He gave a wonderful, wonderful speech. He had been through the same thing and had lost a daughter himself. One of the things that he said stuck out to me. He had told them,

"No parent should have to go through this. Our children are supposed to bury us. But this is going to be hard and you will grieve and cry, but you will get through it. You will NEVER get over it, but you will get through it with the Lord Jesus Christ by your side, along with family and friends. She is not lost if you know where to turn and look to find her. You have lost a child, yes, but you WILL see her again when it's your time to go with our Lord above. HOWEVER, there is A LOT of living to do between that time."

Those were just a few things that touched Matt and I. It was so hard to watch the slide show of little MacKenzie from birth and with her parents. I just hate it. You always want to ask "why" and have answers. But we will never know why He decided it was MacKenzie's time. We just have to trust in Him and take our time to grieve and eventually go on living life. Charlie and Christy, the parents, seem to be doing as well as can be expected. I plan on making some trips over there in the future to see Christy. I hate, absolutely hate, that we live so close and never got together and I never got to meet that sweet precious baby. However, once kids come along, you just get so caught up with your own life. Especially the first couple of years. She is going to need a lot of friends and support the next few months, along with Charlie, and I plan on being there for her.

Mark 10:14
Let the children come to me and do not hinder them. It is to just such as these that the kingdom of God belongs.


On another, happier note. Today, I got up and went to the gym with Rosie this morning. I did 2 miles on the bike and ran, yes RAN, a mile and a half. I was really into it and wanted to go for another 20 min or so, but I don't really know how my body would take it so I stopped at a mile and a half. But ran the whole way. When I slowed to walk I wasn't even winded. Guess that soccer shape is still in there some where. :) I was going to swim afterward, but Rosie had to get back soon so while she sat in the sauna (can't wait to do that again) I went and took a shower there. I felt so refreshed and energized.

When I got home, Matt and Miss B and I went to eat lunch at Jason's Deli. Once we finished and arrived home, we put B down for a nap then I had to get ready to head out to the barn because I had a lady coming from Shreveport, LA to look at Koda to possibly buy. Well she, Koda, sold and is on her way to LA as we speak. It was bittersweet and I'm really sad to see her go, but I know she's going to a good home and will be worked to her potential. The lady was really impressed with how much work I had done and where Koda was at in her training for being with me for only 7 months. :) So now my Koda girl is gone and I don't know what to do with myself. I am sad, yet it's kind of a relief right now not to be worrying about what to do with her....ie sending her off to a trainer's. Don't worry though, I will still have my horse fixation taken care of. There are two horses out at the barn that I'd really like to work with. And what better way to practice and hone my training than working with as many horses as I can....groundwork anyway. I'll get to really use my Clinton Anderson Fundamentals dvd package now. :)

After Koda got on her way, I came home and Matt, B, and I went to Walmart to do our grocery shopping. Now I am waiting on Kelly b/c she is coming over and we are going out to eat. I have to admit, it will be nice to get out of the house with just me and my girl....ksquared. :) She can't wait to see Bayleigh either. Last time she saw her B was only 6 months old. Dang, basically a year ago...I just realized that.

So I am going to close for now and get ready. Pictures to come later. Miss B is running around with her big pink ball. OH! We also bought her a big, bouncy, blow up, ball pit thing and she loves it. It's hilarious. She'll get in it and Matt will pick up the side and bounce her around in it and she just laughs and laughs. Crazy girl. She's going to be a little daredevil...hmmm where did she get that from? And her brother...I swear it would be so nice if that boy would just sit still for 5 minutes. Hahaha. Little stinker. :)

Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend. I have to work tomorrow. Bleh. I'll try and get on tomorrow and post pictures since now I don't have to go out to the barn anymore. *tear*

♥ K

No comments: