Just thought I'd give a little update on my horse. She's coming along nicely. I guess I have high expectations and think she should know all the stuff but she doesn't. So I'm learning to take it slow and recognize when she doesn't understand what I'm asking and take her through things step by step. She's so smart and catches on pretty quick. I feel so scatterbrained when I work with her. I REALLY just need to decide on one specific thing to do and do it until she gets it down pact. So my first drill is neck reining. When she finally understands what I'm asking of her and has it down, we will move on to using leg pressure. Sylia has said that after just a week and a half of round penning and riding she has seen a huge change in Sonny. It was so cool the other day. I round penned her and actually got her to follow me, which is what you want and is a REALLY good sign that they are starting to trust you. I was so excited. Matt was out there with me and I wanted to just jump up and down. She's still has several things that I've got to work on but after only a week and a half we have come so far together.
The other day Sylia and I went to a covered arena down the road from the stables to meet a friend of hers who just bought a percheron. (type of draft horse) This thing was HUGE. He was like a big puppy dog though. He stood over 18 hands tall. He made my horse and Sylia's horse look like minis. I forgot to take a picture although I'm sure we'll be meeting up with her again. When he would trot around the arena it was so funny b/c all you heard was "thump thump thump thump" from his HUGE feet. Sonny and I had an ok day that day. She tried to buck me off a couple of times. Nothing extreme but I could feel her butt come up a little bit. She didn't get all bronco on me but it was still disrespectful and I let her know that. She also tried to turn her head and nip at my leg and boy I popped her good with my rein. We WILL NOT be having that. LOL She really is a good horse and I look back and just laugh. I try and look back to see if maybe I was doing something wrong and I talked with Sylia and she said that she was just acting out b/c she didn't want to work. Haha Silly little horse.
Anyway, I just got back from riding. Miss B and I are going to go play for a little bit. Her top tooth is coming in and is more prominent now. It's so funny b/c there is only one that has pushed through and you can see it when she grins really big. She's snaggle tooth now..LOL Ok well, she has pulled up on the chair beside me so I'm going to go play. Have a good evening. ♥ K
No comments:
Post a Comment