Monday, June 21, 2010

The Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka-dot Bikini

On Father's Day we went to the Y with Miss B. She looked so cute in her bathing suit...hence the title. She was unsure at first b/c they have this huge splashing waterfall thing there and it was loud when it dumped water, but after she realized we weren't going over to it she was OK. We played in shallow end with her. When Daddy took her in the first time she was clinging to him like there was no tomorrow. When she realized that we weren't going to let her go she relaxed. She didn't really do too much, just looked around and watched all of the other crazy kids running and laughing around us. I think it was too much for her to really enjoy it. Eventually she did start splashing a little bit. We took loads of pictures. Matt called me the Crazy Picture-taking Mom...hahahaha. I was, but she was just too stinkin' cute in her bathing suit I just couldn't resist.

We made it over to the deep end (3 feet :)) and pulled her around a little bit. She liked that a lot. Like I said, I think she would have enjoyed the whole experience more if it weren't for all the commotion going on. So we are going to join our pool, which is right around the corner from us and there are hardly any people there. Plus we can use her floaty toy that we got for her. We couldn't use it at the Y...liability..dumb rule, but whatever. 

Anyway, I think she's getting sick again. She had a HORRIBLE night last night. Worse one since she's been born. She was crying so hard around 1030 to about 1130-1145. Nose was running, she was stuffy. I didn't know to do. I gave her some Dimatap cold and congestion and that helped until about 5. I felt so bad for her and frustrated b/c I was by myself. Matt got called in last night for the night so I was by myself. I got more frustrated b/c I didn't know what to do for her to help her. That is the worst feeling. This morning however, she was happy-go-lucky Miss B. We gave her some decongestant medicine this morning and it has helped. I think it's allergies though. It just all of the sudden hit yesterday. We went out to the stables in the morning and she was playing with some hay. But she didn't react right away to it or anything like I do. So that's really the only thing that I can think would be the cause of it. Still not 100% sure, but we're going to start using Benadryl.

I will put picture of our pool trip up this evening of our pool trip. Unfortunately there are no smiling was..like I said, too much commotion for her, but they are still adorable. ♥  K

1 comment:

Dana said...

I miss Yall!!!! Can't wait to see you guys, its been way to long.
Please give Miss B a kiss from grandma and tell her I love her!!!