Friday, November 12, 2010

Yard Work & Chores

Yesterday Matt and I did some yard work. We removed the boxwoods from our flowerbed. I am so glad they are gone, yet now it looks so bare. But that's ok. We have got an idea for decorating. We are probably going to put bricks down to line the flowerbed. I think it will really look nice and make the front look more open. We also trimmed the holly bushes back and that looks so much better as well. They were getting too big and blocking my front window. I have to have light!! I NEED light in my house. I cannot stand that apartment type or duplexes b/c they just don't provide enough light. I think, deep down, that's why I haven't put up curtains in our house b/c I just love the amount of light that comes in the morning through the back windows and in the evening when the sun is setting through the front window. That is definitely something I want in our house when we retire. A HUGE living room with nothing but the biiiiiig windows that open up to a view of nothing but land and hills and mountains in the distance. Sounds gorgeous, huh?

Today we may do the bushes that are along the front bedroom of our house. We also will probably run to Garden Ridge to buy a pot to put some of our flowers in that have grown back this year and let them just grow over. We're planning on putting the pot in the back yard under the pergola. PRETTY!!! :)

After we do that we still are, slowly but surely, going through our garage. Matt started it yesterday so we could get the bins with the clothes in them out. I couldn't lift the stuff that was on top. Now-a-days I am not able to lift heavy things. I noticed that last week when I was out at the barn bringing my feed to the tack room and dumping it into my feed can. Also with hay, too. They are like 45-50 lbs bales and that's just not happening anymore. I felt my abdomen get real tight almost like it was going to stretch too far, so I said "Nope!" can't do that anymore. UGH, I hate feeling useless and helpless and not able to lift my own things. But it's only for a few more months.

Speaking of a few more months, Tuesday we find out if B2 is a boy or girl. I can't wait...I am so anxious and impatient. I am ready to start on the room and get that set up. :) SO many cute and fun ideas rolling around in my head for B2's room and B1's room. LOL I want to change Bayleigh's room up just a little bit now that she's a toddler. A TODDLER?! Geez, I can't believe she is running around now. We get her back Sunday and can't wait. Matt and I were hugging this morning saying how we missed Miss B. Our mornings, days and nights are just blah without her running around keeping us on our toes. Don't get me wrong. Matt and I have really enjoyed this time off, but we need some craziness in our lives again. Haha. So we can't wait to get our lil punkin' back. We have missed her so much and I miss her hugs and kisses....and having someone slap me on the leg to let me know that she's there when I'm cooking in the kitchen....and for a naked hinnie running around right before or after bath time. It's the funniest thing. And she knows she's cute too. Matt and I are always doing her little gestures. It was so funny last night...Andrea, you'll appreciate this...Matt started dancing like Cole and I just died laughing. He has the dance down so good that he looks just like Cole. HAHA!! We can't wait though to get Miss B and see her dance again.

After we get her back on Sunday, we leave Thursday for NC. AHHHHH less that a week!!! I am so excited to go home! Sometimes I think I may cry about it. I've missed it so much and this is the longest that I have been away from home. 7 months! Yikes! We are driving straight through...leaving on Thursday evening and getting there hopefully by lunchtime on Friday. We will be spending a whole week there. I know B will have so much fun with everyone and being out in the country. 

Ok, well I am going to go get ready for the day's chores. I've got my potpourri going and my Christmas music so I am so in the mood to make some progress. :)

♥ K

No comments: