Well, it's official. I can't fit into my Wranglers anymore. :( I wore them today when I took Koda to the vet and had to leave them unbuttoned b/c B2 DID NOT like being squished. Haha. So those are out for the rest of the pregnancy. Luckily I do have another pair of riding jeans that are very comfy and stretch after a couple of wears.
On the vet note, Koda is fine. Basically everything is fine. Apparently, and this I didn't know, that a mare can go out of season for the winter...or something like that...and so her reproductive system is not necessarily shutting down, just not producing eggs. This is causing her pain, which I think of it as cramping. But that is the prognosis for her. The doc gave me a hormonal medicine to regulate this and overcome it quicker. Without this, it takes roughly 6 weeks for her to get back to normal. But it's only going to take about 3 with her on this. Dr. K said that if I was going to be working her that it would just be a constant battle b/c she would be in pain. The only issue with this medicine is that it is progesterone and I CANNOT mess with it or get it on me. It will cause me to have a miscarriage it is that potent. Luckily, my friends out at the barn have more than willingly volunteered to administer it to Koda. It was funny b/c when I was telling them what when on at the vets and about the medication, they were all like "NO! Don't you even mess with it! We'll take care of it." It made me feel really good to know people were going out of there way to help and were so willing to do it. :) Other than this, the vet says she looks good...stifles still look good and everything else. OH!!! And I found out some other good news with her. Her "e-virus" isn't a lifelong disease. He said that it was pretty common in horses and that the lysine that she's been on should have taken care of it. Basically what that did was help her immune system fight it off, plus she was vaccinated for it. There is just so much information out there and so much that I'm still learning it's hard to get it all straight sometime. UGH, but I love love love learning about horses. I am a nut. But it was great news to hear. Maybe things are starting to look up for me and her. Now that I am increasing her feed she should start really muscling up. :)
I have pictures of Miss B from yesterday. We are just so thrilled to have her back. I have patience again!!! Haha. She has been such a hoot and is more active and funny than when she left. Toby, Sylia's husband, calls her "Baby Smiley Face" b/c that's all she does. SMILE. All the time. And that is what she has done ever since she has gotten home. And laughed....and laughed some more. She is a freakin' hoot! Gosh we love her so much. Tomorrow we find out if she's going to have a baby brother or baby sister. I can't wait. 1:30. =D Anyway, back to the pictures. I have bunches but I just haven't uploaded them and don't feel like it. Haha
Well, I'm going to take me and my "pooch" and go sit on the couch with the hub-bub and eat ice cream and watch football...which I think he just got the ice cream out. We're always on the same wavelength. ;) It's kind of eerie sometimes just how in-tune we are to one another and how we can be thinking about the exact same things at the same time. And this happens a lot. But I love that cowboy/pilot. :)
♥ K
1 comment:
We miss her little "smiley face" too.
Dana commented last night while we were making dinner, "I wonder what B is doing?"
Post a Comment